Last Updated: July 12, 2017
1. Information We Collect
We may collect and use the following types of information from those who use the Site and the Services:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, billing and credit card information, and other information that may not be publicly available ("personal information").
- Information about you that does not identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your personal interests, online interactions, viewing data, requests for Services, communications with us and third parties, advertisement interactions, and any other activities when using the Site or the Services.
- Information about your transactions using the Site and the Services, including, but not limited to, your purchases and order history.
We may combine information you provide us with other information about you that we obtain from your past use of the Site and Services, from our business partners, and from other companies. We may access other information about you collected from third parties, such as social media and marketing companies. We will treat any non-personal information that is combined with personal information as if it were all personal information.
a. Automatic Data Collection
We collect the following types of information from you as you use the Site through automatic data collection technologies:
- Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, and similar information. This information is not connected to personal information and is used for purposes of administering the Site, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, and collecting demographic data.
- Other details regarding your activities on the Site and Services, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data.
Our automatic data collection includes the use of the following technologies:
- Web Beacons. A "web beacon" is a small file (also known as a clear gif or pixel tag) that is embedded on a webpage, email, video, or other content that allows us to collect data about visitors who interact with such webpages or emails, such as recording when such content is accessed and reading other information from your browser. You may be able to disable web beacons in our email communications by turning off "images" in your email client settings. However, doing so may prevent you from being able to properly enjoy our Services as they are designed to be used.
- Flash Cookies. A "flash cookie" is a local shared object (a text file) sent from a web server to a client when a browser requests content supported by the Adobe Flash browser plug-in. Your preferences for flash cookies are not managed in the same way as browser cookies. Instead, you may change your preferences for flash cookies by changing your settings on Adobe's website.
b. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Because we track visitors' activities over time and across third-party websites, we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals sent to us from our visitors' browsers. However, we do not allow third parties to track such activities. You can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Site as follows: _____________
2. How We Use Your Information
We are the sole owners of information collected from visitors on this Site. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We use information collected from you or about you, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site and enforce our rules and policies.
- To provide access to Site content and Services to you.
- To customize Site content and Services according to your preferences.
- To improve the Site and Services.
- To research and analyze the usage data, preferences, and trends of our visitors.
- To diagnose technical or Service-related problems.
- To maintain security over your information, the Site, and its contents.
- To fulfill any requests for information, products, or Services.
- To facilitate transactions you make on the Site or Services, which may include sending payment statements or receipts, or assisting with payment collection.
- To contact you regarding Services we provide you.
- To contact you regarding your account or profile.
- To carry out our responsibilities and enforce any contracts between you and us, including billing and collection rights.
- For any other use as we may indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
All information collected from visitors of the Site belongs to us, whether or not such information is personal information, information you volunteer, or information passively collected about you. As such, such information may be subject to transfer to a new owner in the event of our bankruptcy, sale, or liquidation.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information and other information that we collect as follows:
- With our affiliates, including any subsidiaries we now own or later acquire.
- With our trusted employees, contractors, business partners, service providers, suppliers, vendors, and other third parties that support us, which may include sending you emails on our behalf; analyzing your activities and interactions on the Site in order to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experiences of our visitors; and providing support to the Site, the Services, our operations, or fulfilling your requests. These third parties may only use personal information in order to provide such support and are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. For example, we may share personal information with credit card processing companies in order to bill visitors for goods or services.
- In response to court orders, subpoenas, or legal processes, such as requests from government regulatory or law enforcement agencies; to defend, pursue, or participate in legal actions or proceedings or exercise a legal right; to take precautions against actual or potential liabilities; to investigate or respond to potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, or threats to the Site, its visitors, or the property or physical safety of any person; to enforce or investigate violations of our rules; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- With those that we so indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To third parties when we have your consent or when we have parental consent if the visitor is a minor.
We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control; for instance, on servers or databases where the hosting provider is located. Additionally, we may share or sell aggregate information about our visitors that does not personally identify individuals with our partners, affiliates, advertisers, and other third parties without restriction. This information may include personal information that we have changed so that individuals are no longer personally identifiable. We may also share this information with third parties in order to analyze visitor data, activities, and usage of the Site or Services in order to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experiences of our visitors.
If you choose to participate in any promotions or similar events through the Site or Services, the rules or terms and conditions for such events may change the way we share your information with third parties. Please review the applicable rules or terms and conditions for all such events in which you participate.
4. Links to Other Websites
5. Opt-Out Procedures
As your privacy is important to us, we provide you with the following procedure(s) for opting out of future communications from us:
- Email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt out of. You may also opt out by clicking "unsubscribe," or a similar button, at the bottom of any emails we may send you and then following the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
- Cookies. In order to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may cause parts of the Site to function improperly.
6. How to Access and Change Your Information
You are responsible for keeping any personal information you provide on the Site current. Please email us at email@example.com to request access to view, correct, or delete information you have provided to us. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests, if possible. If you provided personal information in connection with a specific Service we provide, you may have to update or delete that information by returning to that Service page. Any requests to delete your information are subject to our internal reporting and retention policies as well as any legal obligations that we may have.
7. Notice of California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who use our Site may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact information provided below at the end of this policy. Should you choose to email us, please include in the subject line or body of your email the phrase "California Customer Choice Privacy Notice" and specify the personal information you do not wish to be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Site or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
The information you submit to us is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined below or as otherwise required by applicable law.
9. Children's Privacy
This Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use this Site or provide any personal information to us. We will delete all information that we discover is provided by children under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent. Please email us at email@example.com if you believe we have received personal information from a child aged under 13 and we will use our best efforts to remove such information.
11. Notification Procedures
12. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Site, you agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.
13. Contact Information
Your feedback is important to us. To send us your questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact us as follows:
So Cal Grease Company
226 S. Glasgow Avenue Inglewood, California 90301
Information We Collect
This section lists the types of information you collect, including whether or not you collect "personal information." Personal information is any personally identifiable information that can be linked to specific individuals, such as names, addresses, dates or places of birth, and social security numbers.
Possible categories include
- Billing and credit card information
- Demographic information
- Forum or discussion board activities
- Product reviews
- Search queries
- Site feedback or suggestions
- Social security numbers
- Surveys or polls
- Sweepstakes or contest information
You may also add your own miscellaneous categories. You should be thorough in including all categories of information collected. Note that this document already permits you to collect certain standard categories of information, such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, personal interests, server logs, advertising interactions, online interactions, and activities on the website. It may be beneficial to preview this language in the document before adding your own categories.
This section also notifies visitors if you allow and collect account or profile information, transaction information, and user contributions, such as public posts to forums or discussion boards.
Automatic Data Collection
Any automatic data collection technologies employed by your site are detailed here. These may include cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, DoubleClick DART cookies, and Google Analytics.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Here, you explain whether you track visitors' activities over time or across third-party websites and if you respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. DNT signals are sent by browsers to notify websites when visitors do not wish to be tracked. This section also explains whether you allow third parties (anyone else) to track visitors.
How We Use Your Information
This section lists the various ways in which you use the visitor information you collect. For instance, it notifies visitors if you sell or rent their information to others. Common uses of visitor information include to administer the site, to enforce site rules, to provide access to the site and its services, to research and analyze visitor usage data and target demographics, to maintain security, and to fulfill visitor requests. You may also use visitor information in other ways so long as you indicate the uses at the time the user submits the information or if you first receive authorization.
This section also explains that all information collected from visitors of the site belongs to you, whether or not such information is personal information, information visitors volunteer, or information passively collected (for instance, through automatic collection technologies).
How We Share Your Information
Here, you clarify the other parties that you may share visitor information with. These parties include any affiliates or subsidiaries; employees, contractors, business partners, and other third parties that provide support to the site; any new owner that receives your site's assets through a sale, liquidation, merger, or similar proceeding; and courts and government law enforcement agencies. You may also add others to this list or notify visitors of other parties that will receive specific information at the time visitors provide it.
Links to Other Websites
Third-Party Tracking on Our Site
This section is present if you indicated that your site allows third parties to place advertisements or other content on your site that uses tracking technologies to collect information from visitors. It then goes into more detail regarding targeted ads and whether or not they collect personal information.
Visitors are told how to opt out of receiving certain communications from your site. If your site uses them, visitors may also opt out of sharing with third-party advertisers and targeted ads. Lastly, they are directed to review the relevant third-party privacy policies for any tracking technologies used on your site.
How to Access and Change Your Information
It is important that visitors are able to review, correct, and delete any personal information you collect on the site. This section provides the email address for doing so and if your site provides accounts, explains how to update account information.
Notice of California Privacy Rights
This section is important to comply with the California "Shine the Light" law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). California residents who use the site may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by emailing you at the address indicated.
Here, visitors are notified of your site's data security technologies and the measures you take to safeguard against unauthorized use or disclosure. For example, it explains whether you encrypt data using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption or other technologies. Since no data transmissions can be guaranteed against loss or theft, it is important that this provision does not overstate your ability to protect data (for instance, against hacking or viruses).
Visitors must be notified about whether you collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If so, you must state your reason for collecting such information, explain your uses of it, and notify parents or legal guardians of their related rights to review, update, and delete such information.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Here, visitors agree that you may transfer visitor information to countries other than their own.
Lastly, visitors are told how to contact you should they have any questions, suggestions, or complaints. It is recommended that you include an address, phone number, and email address.